Terms and conditions
“Sydney Handbag Hire” or “SHH” means SHH, its affiliates or related entities.
“Item” means all Item(s) supplied by SHH to the Customer.
“Business Day” means a day that is not a Saturday, Sunday or public holiday anywhere in Australia.
“Damage(s/d)” means any damage including, but not limited to, a stain, mark, tear, discoloration/changes to original colour, faultiness, caused to the Item during the Hire Period, whilst in the possession of the Customer.
“Debt Collectors” means any insurer, debt collection agency, or solicitor/barrister, which SHH has retained to collect any outstanding fees owed by the Customer.
“Delivery Date” means the date in which the Courier makes or attempts to make the delivery of the Item to the Customer.
“Dispatch Date” means the date that the Item has been sent by SHH to the Customer via Courier.
“Hire Period” means the duration between the Delivery Date and Return Date.
“Hire Fee” means the cost to hire the Item for the Hire Period.
“Additional Daily Fee” means the cost of any additional day with the Hire Period.
“Insurer” means a licenced insurance company.
“Payment”/“Payment Card” means Mastercard, Visa and Paypal.
“Penalty Fee” means any amount owing for; a stolen, missing or damaged Item and/or the Item being returned after the Return Date.
“Personal Details” means any personal information which include but is not limited to copy of driver’s license, passport or identification card, full name, date of birth, address, phone number, email and payment card details, which the Customer has registered onto SHH’s website.
“Return Date” means the date in which the Customer must lodge the delivery of the Item with Australian Post by. It also means the date in which the Customer must provide SHH a tracking number to show proof of lodgement.
“Third Party” means anyone other than SHH and the Customer – this includes, but is not limited to a friend, family member, acquaintance or unknown persons.
"This Website" means all webpages located on the www.sydneyhandbaghire.com.au domain name.
2. Agreement of Hire
3. Payment of Hire Fee
- Bank Transfer;
- Paypal; or
- Credit card.
4. Cancellation Fee
The Customer acknowledges and agrees that the Cancellation Fee is a reasonable estimate and that it is the anticipated loss that SHH will suffer by reason of cancellation.
5. Personal Information
The Customer acknowledges and agrees that SHH will keep the Customer’s Personal Details confidential until the Customer returns the Item to SHH, except in the following circumstances;
- there are debts owing for a stolen and/or damaged Item, SHH will keep the Customer’s Personal Details until all and any Penalty Fees are paid in full;
- the Customer is a one-off Customer who is not registered with SHH and fails to return the Item late or at all, on time with or without damage(s), SHH will keep the Customer’s Personal Details until all Penalty Fee(s) are paid in full; or
- the Customer has any unpaid fees such as; Additional Daily Fee, damage fee etc. SHH, will bill the owing amount to the Customer who acknowledges they will be liable for such payment.
- any damage caused to the Item;
- failing to return the Item;
- stealing the Item;
- returning the Item after the Return Date; or
Where an Item has been returned with damage(s), SHH will charge a Penalty Fee and bill the Customer for the costs of fixing the Item, and subsequently take any necessary action against the Customer, at its sole discretion without notice.
The bill will be emailed to the Customer in the form of a tax invoice.
After 48 hours of having billed the Customer, SHH will then either attempt to charge the Customers card for the damage fees and/or commence debt recovery action against the Customer, unless stated otherwise.
7. Stolen or Unreturned Goods
In the event that the Customer or any third party has stolen, lost or not returned the Item, SHH will withdraw the full recommended retail price from the Customer’s card to replace the Item.
Where SHH is satisfied that the Customer has stolen the Item, SHH will provide the Customer’s personal information to the Police and/or Debt Collector for prosecution.
The Customer will be charged a Penalty Fee at a flat rate of $300.00, and an additional $50.00 for every late day after the Return Date up until the full-recommended retail value of the Item has accrued.
The Customer is liable if the Item is not returned in the same condition that it was received.
8. Delivery and Returns
Orders must be placed by Thursday 3:00 p.m. AEST (Australian Eastern Standard Time or Australian Eastern Daylight Savings Time) if the desired delivery day is a Friday.
A tracking number will be provided to the Customer to track.
The Delivery Date takes effect once Customer is deemed to have received the Item, as determined by the courier or post office.
The Return Date takes effect once the Customer has lodged the Item with the post office evidence of lodgement is provided with a receipt and the tracking number.
The Customer has the responsibility to re-package the Item in accordance to SHH’s instructions to ensure that it is protected, subject to minimal damage and is returned the way it arrived.
The Customer will be liable for any damage(s) made to the Item via transit, if it was not packed/protected in accordance to SHH’s packing instructions.
The Customer will be responsible and liable for any damages that occurred during the Hire Period or once inspected by SHH upon return of the Item.
SHH will deliver the Item via Express Post through Australia Post.
The Customer acknowledges they are aware of the following:
- Express Post covers 80% of Australian business addresses, private addresses and post office boxes;
- Service operates between all capital cities except Darwin and Perth CBD and some major centres;
- Outside metropolitan areas guaranteed service is to and from townships only;
- If the address is outside the Express Post network, Australia Post will use the fastest possible transport links, however does not guarantee next day delivery; and
- If Australia Post/or other chosen courier company fails to deliver an Item on time for the Customer’s start date of the Hire Period, the Customer is entitled to a credit of the hire price for a period of 6 months; this does not include the shipping fee.
The Customer must return the Item/s over the counter to an Australian Post store before 4:00pm on the rental due date. The Customer must obtain a receipt as proof of postage. If the Item/s go missing and the Customer does not have a receipt for proof of return postage, the Customer will be liable of the full recommended retail price of the Item.
If the Customer has provided SHH with the wrong postal address, the Customer shall be liable if the Item is lost/stolen.
The Customer will be liable for a minimum Penalty Fee of $50.00 for every late day until the Item has been returned to SHH. The late fee will be relative to the price of the bag hired: the more expensive the bag the higher the late fee.
The bill will be emailed to the Customer in the format of a tax invoice. After 48 hours of having billed the Customer, SHH will then attempt to charge the Customers card and/or pursue debt recovery action unless stated otherwise by SHH.
If the Return Date lands on a public holiday the Customer will not be charged a late fee.
Cancellations must be made by the Customer at least 48 hours prior to the Dispatch Date and will be subject to forfeit 30% of the Hire Fee.
Cancellations made less than 48 hours prior to the Dispatch Date, 100% of the Hire Fee will be forfeited.
The Customer acknowledges and agrees that this Clause is implemented to anticipate the loss that SHH will suffer by reason of the late cancellation.
SHH reserves the right to cancel an Order if they consider the documentation supplied is not valid, fraudulent or sufficient.
10. Customer’s Obligations
The Customer has the following obligations to SHH:
- to ensure that the Item is not damaged or stolen;
- to return the Item by the Return Date;
- to not depart with possession of the Item to a third party;
- to notify SHH and make a police report if the Item has been lost or stolen;
- to pay any and/or all Penalty Fee(s) that have accrued;
- to provide SHH with photos of a true and valid drivers license and proof of residence such as a utility bill, statement from a financial institution, letter from a government institution or any other document required by SHH; and
The Customer accepts and understands that SHH will take appropriate steps to verify the Customer’s identification.
The Customer accepts and acknowledges the following:
- that the Customer’s Personal Details will be released to the Insurer and Police and/or Debt Collector if SHH is satisfied that the Customer has stolen the Item;
- that the Customer’s Personal Details will be released to the Insurer and Debt Collector if the Customer has failed to pay any and/or all penalty fees in a reasonable amount of time, which SHH has provided, to the Customer; and